Neck Pain treatment at Victory Rehab
Your neck, also called the cervical spine, begins at the base of the skull and contains seven small vertebrae. Incredibly, the cervical spine supports the full weight of your head, which is on average about 12 pounds. While the cervical spine can move your head in nearly every direction, this flexibility makes the neck very susceptible to pain and injury.
The neck’s susceptibility to injury is due in part to biomechanics. Activities and events that affect cervical biomechanics include extended sitting, repetitive movement, accidents, falls and blows to the body or head, normal aging, and everyday wear and tear. Neck pain can be very bothersome, and it can have a variety of causes.
Common causes of neck pain typically include:
- Accidents and Injury
- Whiplash injury
- Compression injury (lifting weights)
- Sudden forced movement
- Getting older
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the nerve passageways)
- Osteoarthritis (result of repetitive joint stress over years)
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Daily life
- Poor posture (sitting at desk, looking at computer, texting, etc…)
- Weight gain
- Weak muscles
- Loss of cervical or neck curve
The doctors at Victory Rehab perform functional, physical, and neurological exams to determine the cause of your neck pain and if chiropractic care is the best approach for you.